This is a board game for 2 to 4 players or teams. Children learn names used for Jesus in the book of John as they move through the chapters of John and collect cards depicting these titles.
- Game Board: Download – i-am-game-board
- Game Cards: Download – i-am-game-cards
- Spinner: Download – i-am-game-spinner-directions
- Large safety pin and medium-sized brad for assembling spinner (if using spinner)
- Buttons or coins for markers
- Print the game board and the spinner on card stock or heavy paper.
- For 2 players or teams, print 1 sheet of game cards on card stock or heavy paper; for more players or teams, print 2 copies. Cut apart the cards. (picture 1)
- Assemble the spinner using the safety pin and the brad. You may need to experiment with sizes to find a combination that allows the spinner to spin freely. (picture 2)
Playing the Game:
- Sort the cards according to picture, and place each pile of cards face up on the table near the matching square on the game board.
- Each player or team places a marker on the board on any square that does not contain a picture. (picture 3)
- When it is your turn, spin the spinner. Move counter-clockwise (in the order of the chapter numbers) the number of spaces shown by the spinner.
- If you land on a picture, take a card that matches the picture on the square, if you don’t already have one.
- If you land on a picture of Jesus, take any card that you don’t already have.
- Keep moving around and around the board until you collect all six pictures. You do not have to reach a certain square on the board to win.
New Sunday School Curriculum: Our Bible lessons are designed to keep the kids’ attention and show how God's Word makes a difference. Every series is flexible enough for a wide-age group and affordable enough for small churches. Download a free Bible lesson in pdf or view our latest Sunday School curriculum for kids.