Red Ribbon Week is an anti-drug emphasis every year Oct. 23-31 nationally. Many public and private schools use this time to focus kids on better choices. This free activity is for younger children and should start conversations about things that are more fun than drugs.
Download: Game boards and calling cards
Red Bingo is a fun way to involve elementary-age children. It pictures nine red objects providing healthy alternatives to drugs. 20 bingo cards and 9 calling cards are included. Unlike most of our website, this activity is not religious and should be fine in any public school. If you are using this at home or in a Christian school, you can certainly talk more about temptation and honoring the bodies God created.
- Print the bingo cards and the bingo calling cards on card stock or heavy paper, and cut apart the calling cards.
- Cut colored paper or cardboard into 1-inch squares to make markers (or choose to use other markers).
- Give each player a bingo card and a handful of markers.
- The leader draws a calling card, reads the title, and holds the card up for everyone to see.
- Each player with a square matching the calling card places a marker on that square.
- The first person to get three markers in a row horizontally, vertically, or diagonally wins the game.
- Dump the markers and start over. Players can trade cards if they wish.
- Prizes are not necessary; kids love learning and playing games just for the fun of it.
New Sunday School Curriculum: Our Bible lessons are designed to keep the kids’ attention and show how God's Word makes a difference. Every series is flexible enough for a wide-age group and affordable enough for small churches. Download a free Bible lesson in pdf or view our latest Sunday School curriculum for kids.