Try these fun Sunday School crafts to teach kids about putting God first. Download the directions and watch our video how-to below.
It is important to give kids positive reminders about placing God first and foremost in their lives. It’s easy to be distracted and misguided, but it’s also easily helpful to provide visuals that point back to the Lord. The “clock” craft here is a decorative reminder for kids to keep their hearts focused on the “number one” thing first and foremost.
The “lava lamp jar” is an interpretation of the Rich Man and Lazarus story. It might be confusing to delve into elements of Heaven and Hell (especially when we really can’t know the details ourselves!), but we can emphasize the importance of justice and long-term satisfaction. Just as the elements of the jar get mixed up and then settle into layers, we can be sure that in our lives what seems “mixed up” or unfair will one day be put right and sorted out, according to God’s will.
Bible Verses or captions for these craft activities:
- But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness. -1 Timothy 6:11
- But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. –Matthew 6:33
- Put God first! Let everything else come later…
- All will be right in the end…look to God first.
Craft one: Time to put God first! “Clock” decoration
You will need:
- Paper plate
- Construction paper (in arrow shapes)
- Stickers (if desired)
- Markers/decorative materials
- Cut arrow shapes out of construction paper, one larger than the other.
- Decorate the paper plate, writing down activities or things that take attention in our lives (school, sports, etc.). Write “GOD” at the top.
- Decorate with stickers and other pictures, if desired.
- Glue a large arrow to the plate, pointing to “God.”
- Use a brad fastener to attach the smaller arrow in the center, allowing it to swing around on the plate. Attach a verse or caption if you like, and a string to hang the plate in a prominent place.
Craft Two: “Restoring the right” lava jar
You will need:
- Small clear jar (baby food jar, Tupperware, jam jar) or empty water bottle.
- Food color (optional)
- Decorate the outside of the jar with stickers, if you like.
- Add water, about halfway filling the jar.
- Pour oil on top of the water.
- Add food coloring and glitter, if desired.
- Seal the jar lid with tape.
- Shake it up, and watch the layers settle back down!
2 thoughts on “Bible Crafts (Putting God First) for Sunday School”
Thank you for free lesson, malaking tulong ang para sa amin ang mga lesson na ito…GOD BLESS
Thank you so much for these creative ideas to teach kids to love God!