It’s Wednesday again, and that means another roundup of interesting and helpful kids minsitry links. This is a great way to stay current with trends and news related to children’s ministry. Enjoy!
We Love Lists! There is something about a list that grabs my attention.
- 10 Ways to Help Your Child Make Friends at Church from one of the Awana blogs
- 10 Ways to Build a Children’s Ministry Team from CM Connect
- Kids Ministry Resources 101 from Sam Luce (thanks for the mention)
- 3 Dangers of Contributing to God’s Plan from Jonathan Cliff
Awkward: This is the new pet phrase circulating at our Christian school. Just for fun I’m using it to describe the following links.
- Alice in Bibleland – creative maybe, but a little awkward when she asks too many questions about Jacobs wives.
- Bible stories can be very awkward when they deal with grow-up themes, here are a few tips for the Bible stories that make you nervous.
- Karl Bastian is one of my favorite kids ministry people and his new cookbook looks very creative. But the rap music in his video is a bit awkward with the French chef hat.
Crunching Numbers: Budget time is here at many churches, here are some helpful tips about your kids ministry budgets.
- Budgeting 101: Step-by-Step Budgeting – Part 2 from North Point Kids
- Budgeting 101: Helpful Hints and a Sample Budget Structure – Part 3 from North Point Kids
- Our tips about your Children’s Ministry Budget
Choices: Here are a few practical ideas for making big decisions.
- Maybe it’s time to think about naming Your Children’s Ministry.
- When is it time to leave your current ministry position?
- How many copies of the new Jelly Telly DVDs should I budget to buy?
You’re a Winner: Ryan Frank reflects on the value of motivating kids to reach spiritual milestones.
Leadership Conference: Henry Zonio blogged like a wild man to bring these helpful notes from the Global Leadership Conference.
- Global Leadership Summit
- Global Leadership Summit Session 1 – Bill Hybels
- Global Leadership Summit Session 2 – Bono
- Global Leadership Summit Session 3 – Wes Stafford
- Global Leadership Summit Session 4 – David Gergen
- Global Leadership Summit Session 5 – Gary Hamel
- Global Leadership Summit Session 6 – Jessica Jackley
- Global Leadership Summit Session 7 – Chip and Dan Heath
Rock & Roll: Wayne Stocks is becoming my default video spotter.
Want More? Then check out the Big List of Children’s Ministry Blogs