Valentine’s Day is a great holiday to teach our kids about the true meaning of love. The world wants them to think love is this superficial, conditional type feeling that we should be striving to have on Valentine’s Day so that we can get a box of chocolates. Well, that’s not what God says about love. There are so many verses in the Bible that teach us what love is. Decorating a bulletin board might be a great idea to have some of the these verses in plan sight for our children this month.
Even if you don’t have a designated bulletin board, you can still just do this on any wall that’s available. It can be any size and you can be as creative as you want. The purpose is to have God’s Word posted so our children can know what the truth about love is.
1) Add a background (pink, white, red)
- This can be from a roll of butcher paper, pieces of construction paper, or wrapping paper.
2) Add a border (not necessary, but it always looks nice)
- The Dollar Tree sells borders (for $1), but anything works. It doesn’t have to be a professional border. Ribbon, scalloped paper, or crepe paper look nice as well.
3) Make a large heart to put in the middle. Write out John 3:16 on it. Put this in the middle of your bulletin board.
4) Cut a lot of hearts out of construction paper (or have the children help). These will be for your other Bible verses.
5) Write a Bible Verse on each heart and attach around the large heart. Here are some Bible verses you can choose from.
- 1 John 4:19
- Luke 6:32
- 1 Samuel 20:17
- John 15:9
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-8 (can be on 1 heart or separated and put on many hearts)
- 1 Corinthians 13:13
- Ephesians 5:28
- 1 John 2:15
- 1 John 4:10
- Romans 13:10
- Ephesians 2:4
- 1 John 4:8
- Psalms 119:47
- John 14:21
- 1 Corinthians 16:14
- 1 Corinthians 16:24
- Hebrews 13:1
- Proverbs 8:17
- John 15:12
There are many more verses in the Bible about love. This is just a short list to get you started.