Valentine’s Day is perfect for a Sunday School lesson about God’s Love!
Use our free Bible lesson plans and coloring pages to encourage children to love Jesus most of all. Listed below you will find crafts, lessons, and bonus ideas to make the most of this February.
Valentines Sunday School Lessons
- Bible Lesson About Love (1 Corinthians 13) for Children – In this lesson, kids will learn God’s definition of love and be reminded of the character of Christ.
- God’s “sticky” Eternal Love (Romans 5:8)
- Conversations with God (Jeremiah 31:33)
- Lesson “Love One Another” from John 13:34
- Jesus Said Love Your Neighbors Lesson Plan – The second greatest commandment in the Bible, and something timely to teach in Sunday School for Valentine’s Day.
- Jesus Said Love Your Enemies Lesson Plan (Matthew 5:38-48 ) – Kids will learn about Jesus’ parable of the Good Samaritan and what it teaches us about loving other people who are not like us.
- God Looks at the Heart Lesson (from 1 Samuel 16:1-13) – What matters to God is on the inside. Use this lesson plan to remind children of that important truth.
- Conversation Hearts Object Lesson
- Preschool Bible Lesson “God is Love” – try this lesson plan for younger kids, includes an art project
- God’s Big Love Object Lessons – use these to help kids understand the greatness of God’s love
- What Does God Love? – Sunday School lesson for older children or preteens
- Valentine’s Object Lesson – Tootsie Roll Pop
- Build your own lesson plan using these top 10 Bible verses about love
- Find even more free Valentine’s Day Sunday School lessons on Sunday School Works!
Other Classroom Activities
- 1 Corinthians 13 Letter Tracing Worksheets
- Printable Valentine’s Cards with Bible Verses
- Learn about Love Printable Worksheets
- Teaching Skit – The Good Samaritan “Love Your Neighbor”
- Bible Puzzle Worksheet about Love
- February Bible Reading Calendar (Focused on Gods Love)
- 1 Corinthians 13 song for children
- Printable Booklet – Who do I love? Who loves me?
Sunday School Valentine Crafts
- Printable John 3:16 Heart – A clever way to remind kids that the greatest love is really the love that God displays for sinners through the Gospel.
- Tootsie Roll Pop Craft “New Hearts” Ezekiel 3:26
- 5 Valentine’s Day Coloring Pages –
- 1 Corinthians 13 “Love is…” coloring sheet – Designed to help kids think about the Bible’s definition of love.
- 3 Valentine’s Crafts for Sunday School – Watch these video demonstrations from Cullen and you’ll be ready to use them in your class this weekend.
- Heart Craft for Sunday School – Watch a video demonstration of this simple craft project that could accompany any of these Bible lessons about love.
- “Song of Solomon” Bible Book coloring page
- 4 Valentine Party Game Ideas
- Printable “Jesus Loves Me” Bingo Game
- “I Love Jesus” Printable Game
- Couples in the Bible – Matching Cards Game
- 2 Valentine’s Day activity games for children
- Valentine’s Scavenger Hunt – this is a fun way to teach kids about God’s love
- Here are a few more game ideas for Valentine’s Day in children’s church.
Misc Ideas & Crafts
- Kids Outreach & Service Ideas for Valentine’s Day
- A Heart for Service – Refocus on the meaning of love
- Love Themed Bulletin Board’s
- Photo Booth Idea for Kids Valentine’s Day
- Video – Jesus Loves Me
In just a few weeks, Valentines Day will be here. Many Sunday School teachers and children’s church leaders will plan a special lesson around the date. So I went through our content to pull out some lesson plans and crafts that might be helpful to your church. These materials try to redirect the cultural obsession with romance back to the love that should characterize the Christian life. I hope these Valentine’s Day Lesson Plans will be helpful to you.