Download these printable Sunday School craft ideas for teaching about the story of Zacchaeus from Luke 19:1-10. Then watch the demonstration video below to prepare this activity for your children’s Bible lesson.
“Story of Zacchaeus Crafts” for Sunday School
Bible Crafts from Luke 19:1-10
It’s that classic story of a wee little man meeting a great big God…Zacchaeus can lend itself to several crafts, but there’s no denying that trees are pretty craft-able in many ways! Use a verse or caption that emphasizes the important theme of Christ’s love and mercy, and have fun letting kids create a project that allows them to help Zacchaeus climb up and through a sycamore!
Note: there are many variations on this craft, so feel free to use creativity and tweak items as needed. Just have fun with your trees and puppets!
Bonus Sunday School Ideas:
- Browse all our Sunday School crafts and video example of this activity
- Compare Zacchaeus Sunday School Lesson or Zacchaeus Children’s Sermon
- Download our free story of Zacchaeus coloring pages
- We have another Luke 19:1-10 Bible lesson that emphasizes our personal relationship with Jesus.
Verses or scripture captions for this craft:
For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.” -Luke 19:10
Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. -Romans 8:39
I don’t have to climb a tree to know that Jesus loves me!
Craft: “Tree climbing Zacchaeus”
You will need (supplies)
- Toilet paper or paper towel tube
- Construction paper
- Tape or glue
- String or ribbon (if you’d like to hang)
- Markers/decorative materials
- Clothespin or popsicle stick
Procedure (how to)
- Decorate your popsicle stick or clothespin with a face and/or hair, clothing, etc.
- Color your tube (tree trunk) if desired. Add a Bible verse or caption.
- Cut leaf shapes out of construction paper (likely green color).
- Glue the leaves onto the tree trunk.
- Place your clothespin in or on the tree and watch Zacchaeus climb or hang out! Hang up with string, if you like.
Luke 19:1-10 NIV – Zacchaeus the Tax Collector
He (Jesus) entered Jericho and was passing through. 2 And behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus. He was a chief tax collector and was rich. 3 And he was seeking to see who Jesus was, but on account of the crowd he could not, because he was small in stature. 4 So he ran on ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree to see him, for he was about to pass that way. 5 And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, hurry and come down, for I must stay at your house today.” 6 So he hurried and came down and received him joyfully. 7 And when they saw it, they all grumbled, “He has gone in to be the guest of a man who is a sinner.” 8 And Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, “Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor. And if I have defrauded anyone of anything, I restore it fourfold.” 9 And Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, since he also is a son of Abraham. 10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.” –Luke 19:1-10