The Desiring God blog has posted an article about helping kids love missions. Their ideas are geared toward families being missions minded with their kids. Here are the ten ways they pointed out. Click through to their website to get more details on each.
- Pray for missionaries.
- Read missionary biographies to your children.
- Supporting missionaries financially as a family
- Find a missionary kid pen pal for your child
- Welcome missionaries into your home.
- Take risks as a family.
- Encourage the traits that missionaries need
- Teach your children to be world Christians.
- Read missionary prayer letters to your children.
- Use missions fact books and resources
Reading this list reminded me how much work I need to do on this emphasis at our church and in my family. Missions is not top of mind in our small town. This year we’re actually doing our first missions emphasis week and we are getting the kids involved as much as we can.
How do you teach children about missions?
If you have a great idea about teaching kids about missions, leave it below this post as a comment. I’d love to hear your feedback.