There are a lot of stories and myths that seem to go around these days. Children need reminded that the Bible is not just a collection of fictional tales, but verifiable truths, and ones that we should recognize as the most essential influences in our lives. These crafts aim to stress for kids that Jesus was and is alive and real, and that seeking Him is the most important thing we can do. “Seeing-Eye Glasses” recall how we know Christ is with us, even if we don’t physically see Him. A “Most Important Things Collage” looks at the difference between things we want, need, and need most of all.
Bible Verses or Captions to Consider… (1 Corinthians 15:1-11)
- 3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve… -1 Corinthians 15:3-5
- But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me. -1 Corinthians 15:10
- Seek the most important thing…trust in Jesus!
- Some things I want… some things I need… JESUS is most important!
- I don’t see Jesus with my eyes… But I know in my heart His word is true!
More Teaching Ideas:
- Watch the video demonstration of this children’s sermon and related Bible Craft ideas
- See all our latest Children’s Sermon Lessons
- Download our free 1 Corinthians Bible Coloring Page
- Download our printable Short Bible Verses for Kids
Craft one: “Most Important Things Collage”
You will need:
- Markers and crayons
- Construction paper or cardstock
- Stickers and decorations (optional)
- Glue or tape
- Magazines or catalogs
- Cross (or popsicle sticks to make one)
- Cut out several pictures from magazines, representing things that might be wants or needs (toys, food, clothing, etc.)
- Place columns for categories on paper, distinguishing between wants and needs.
- Glue or tape cut pictures in designated categories.
- Add verses, captions, and extra decoration as desired.
- Place a hanger (string, pipe cleaner, magnet) if you wish to hang the collage in a prominent place.
Craft Two: “Seeing Eye Glasses”
You will need:
- Construction paper, paper plates, or card stock
- Decorations (stickers, etc.)
- Glue or tape
- Google eyes (optional)
- Hole punch
- Pipe cleaner
1. Cut paper plates or cardstock to make large “O”-shaped circles.
2. Add verses, google eyes, captions, and additional decoration as desired, or attach captions.
3. Use pipe cleaners to connect the two circles together to look like glasses.
4. Attach pipe cleaners to the sides of the “glasses.”
5. Wear or display the “glasses” to remember that we might not see Jesus not physically, but we know He is with us always!