This page is your 100% free resource for planning this year’s Christmas Sunday School Lesson. Choose from printable PDF lesson plans below and then choose just the right craft project or coloring page to help the children remember what they learned in your class.
- Isaiah 9 coloring pages “People in darkness have seen a great light!”
- Our 10 Best Christmas Coloring Pages in one PDF download
- New Christmas crafts added each week
- New Children’s Message / Object lessons added each week in December
Christmas Sunday School Lessons
New for 2019 “Nativity Notables” Lessons for Kids
Heroes of the Christmas Story (Celebrated and Lesser-Known).
Teaching Through the Nativity
This simple series of 4 lesson plans uses the items in the nativity scene as object lessons to teach kids about the birth of Jesus. It’s a great activity for your Sunday School class to review the previous parts of the story each week as you being the next lesson.
Story of Christmas Printable Booklets
Download these printable 15 page mini-books that share the story of Christmas for kids. They are perfect for younger elementary or preschool Sunday School lessons about the birth of Jesus.
Free Christmas Curriculum for Sunday School
“Before Jesus was Born” Curriculum
A careful look at the stories leading up to the birth of Christ. Each tells us something important about the coming child. These were the very first lesson plans on our website and have been used by many thousands of churches. Each one follows a similar lesson structure and was first used in a 30 minute children’s church setting.
- The Birth of John the Baptist (Luke 1:5-25)
- Birth of Jesus Foretold to Mary (Luke 1:26-45)
- Joseph is visited by an angel (Matthew 1:18-25)
- King Herod tries to stop King Jesus (Matthew 2) The Coming of the Magi
More Free Christmas Sunday School Lessons
- Patience & Promise – the Hope of Advent
- “Jesus Brings Peace” by Kristen Charles. This lesson is more focused on the results of Christ’s coming than the details. It used the popular Christmas phrase Prince of Peace’ to teach the basics of the Gospel to children.
- Immanuel – God with Us is a lesson for older kids or preteens.
- Don’t miss all the Sunday School Lessons & Activities on Sunday School Works
Older Elementary Advent Lessons by Kelly Henderson
This collection of lesson plans were first written for a 3rd-5th grade Sunday School class. Many readers enjoy Kelly’s in-depth explanation of the Bible story and focus on life applications.
- “Back to Bethlehem” (Luke 2:1-20)
- “Magi worship King Jesus” (Matthew 2:1-23)
- The Shepherds Bring Good News (also from Luke 2:1-20)
- Baby Jesus is presented at the Temple (Luke 2:22-40)
Christmas Object Lesson (and Children’s Sermons)
- Candy Cane Poem (Christmas Children’s Sermon)
- Twas the Night Before Jesus Birth – Christmas Poem Booklet – perfect for a Jesus Birthday party.
- The Wise Men and Christmas – Children’s Sermon
- 3 Christmas Object Lessons for Kids Church
- Browse even more Christmas Object Lessons
- Don’t Get Stuck in the Manger Lesson
Christmas Crafts, Activities, & Printable Coloring Pages
Nativity + Advent Coloring Pages
Christmas Coloring Pages: Mandy is creating an Advent coloring book. Each page will have a different coloring sheet to help children think about the meaning of Christmas. When all put together, kids will have a Gospel-centered art project in to celebrate the season.
Sunday School Crafts for Christmas
Are you looking for a Christmas or Advent lesson for your Sunday School class? This page lists all the lesson plans we’ve posted for Christmas over the years. Any of the following could be taught in Sunday School or kids church. These Christmas Bible studies are 100% free to download and use in your church, home, or school. For more help browse all our Children’s Ministry ideas for Christmas.
Over the years we’ve collected some beautiful Christmas Crafts for Sunday School from our website and other leading resource providers like DLTK, LifeWay, and children’s ministry magazine. With so many wonderful ideas, it’s easy to plan the right activities for your class this December. Grab your paper, glue, scissors, and creativity. Help the kids make a project that will last until next December..
What are your planning for your Christmas Bible lessons?
We love to hear back from readers with their ideas. What special events is your children’s department or congregation planning for the students this Holiday Season? Leave a comment below to share your experience and inspire other readers!
Scriptures about the Birth of Jesus
Jesus is called Immanuel — Isaiah 7:14, “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”
Jesus is born of a virgin —
- Luke 1:35 And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy–the Son of God.
- Matthew 1:23 “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us).
Angels announce the birth of Jesus
- Luke 2:9-12 And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with fear. And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.”
- Luke 2:13-14 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!” “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!”
What was Jesus’ actual birthday? What year was he born?
Christ is born? Although most Christians celebrate December 25 as the birthday of Jesus Christ, few in the first two Christian centuries claimed any knowledge of the exact day or year in which he was born. But nobody really knows exactly when Jesus was born. Some scholars think that he was born between 6 B.C. and 4 B.C., based partly on the biblical story of Herod the Great.https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/christ-is-born
New Sunday School Curriculum: Church budgets are tight, that's why our curriculum is half the price of printed materials. Download a free sample or visit the Sunday School Store to purchase more.