Craft Ideas for the Rejection of Jesus in Nazareth: Jesus came as our savior, fulfilling all prophesies about who the Messiah would be. He proclaimed Himself as that fulfillment, though not everyone who heard understood. We can recognize who He is, and share that good news with others. These crafts encourage children to know and share the Gospel. A “proclaiming puppet” allows for creativity while remembering to proclaim Jesus. A “prophetic scroll” recounts the story and the reading of the scroll in the temple.
Bible Verses or Craft Captions to Consider…
And he rolled up the scroll and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him. 21 And he began to say to them, “Today this Scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.” -Luke 4:20-21
Jesus came to fulfill all prophecy…He died to save you and me!
Share the good news…Jesus is Lord!
More Teaching Ideas
- Watch the video demonstration of this Bible Crafts
- Don’t miss our growing collection of Sunday School Crafts
- Download our free Luke 4:14-21 Sunday School Lesson
Craft one: “Proclaim Jesus Puppet”
You will need:
- Markers and crayons
- Construction paper or cardstock
- Stickers and decorations (optional)
- Tape or glue
- Paper bag
- Popsicle stick (optional)
- Decorate a paper bag with markers, crayons, paper, or fabric.
- Add extra decorations as desired, including google eyes or yarn/fabric “hair”
- Attach a popsicle stick “sign” base to the puppet, if desired.
- Add captions to the sign and puppet and use to remember the importance of proclaiming Christ and sharing the Gospel!
Craft Two: “Prophetic Scroll”
You will need:
- Construction paper or card stock
- Decorations (stickers, etc.)
- Paper towel rolls
- Tea bag (optional)
- Tape, glue, or staples
1. Decorate long paper or card stock with verses, captions, or pictures.
2. If desired (to increase “old” look), soak tea bags and add to crinkled paper.
3. Attach the scroll paper to paper towel tubes with staples or tape.
4. Add extra decorations as desired.
5. Roll like a “scroll” and hang or read as a reminder of the story and proclamation of Christ!