Share these crafts with your Sunday School class this Advent Seasons. Just download the printable directions below and watch the instructional video. You’ll be ready to celebrate the coming of Christ this Christmas Season.
Advent Crafts of Sunday School
Two Simple Projects for Christmas in Children’s Church
Advent Time is Here! Sunday School Craft Ideas for The Beginning of Advent!
Christmas time is great for many things, including wonderful songs, stories, snacks, and—of course—crafts! There are plenty of fantastic Christmas crafts, but as we look to Advent as the season of preparation for Christ, we are focusing on activities that look to the importance of this time in the church. Here are two potential craft ideas that can be used at the opening of Advent, to open discussion about what it means and how we can celebrate it. Both of these crafts are quite adaptable, depending on your time and resources.
Bible Verses & Craft Captions to Consider…
Prepare the way for the Lord… Advent celebrates HIS coming!
Jesus has come…and will come again!
There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse,
and a branch from his roots shall bear fruit. -Isaiah 11:1
Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. -Isaiah 7:14
A voice cries: “In the wilderness prepare the way of the Lord; make straight in the desert a highway for our God. -Isaiah 40:3
- See all our Advent and Christmas Coloring Pages for kids
- See all our Sunday School Lessons for Christmas
- Don’t miss our printable Advent Coloring pages and Christmas Sunday School Lessons & Activities for kids
Craft one: “Advent Wreath”
Sunday School Activity Idea for Advent Seasons
You will need:
- Scissors & Paper plates
- Construction paper
- Glue, tape, or stapler
- Markers or crayons (optional)
- Stickers/ribbons (optional)
- Tissue paper & Toilet paper tubes
- Decorate the plate with markers and/or “leaves” cut out of green paper (Optional: cut a hole out of the plate’s center).
- Decorate with markers and verse captions, if desired.
- Decorate the “candles” by covering toilet paper tubes with paper or coloring/painting.
- Cut slits into the tubes for ease of placement on the plate.
- Attach tubes to the plate with staples, glue, or tape.
- Tuck tissue paper into the tubes, and “light” a candle weekly by lifting the paper up out of the tube. Enjoy celebrating the weeks of Advent!
Craft Two: “Advent Calendar”
You will need:
- Tape, glue, or stapler
- Toilet Paper tubes
- Decorative materials
- Small prizes or notes
- Construction paper
1. Decorate your tubes with stickers, markers, or crayons, as desired.
2. Staple the tubes together, either in groups of seven (for each week) or as a group of 24.
3. Cut circles out of paper, roughly the shape of tube openings. Place numbers on the circles.
4. Place inside of each tube a small treat, or a verse or note suggesting things to do (like “help a neighbor” or “sing a favorite carol”).
5. Attach the tubes to a paper or paper plate, using tape or staples.
6. Hang your Advent calendar and remove a number each day, revealing a new item. Enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Simple Advent Crafts for Sunday School”
Iam a minister and I would like free Sunday. School stuff to teach my grand daughters and grandson there ages are 4,7,9,and 10 there all about to be 5,8,10,11 please help us in Jesus name Amen thank u God for loving us and all I do for us Amen
Thank you God for loving us and all you do for us….😇👑Amen