Cokesbury has released their new Vacation Bible School program for 2018. We had a chance to see the curriculum first-hand and have complied the following resources for churches interested in using this material next summer.
I was invited to preview the material at one of Cokesbury’s many “test” churches. This is how they revise and improve the 2018 VBS material before it’s released.
- This is a strong theme and well executed
- Cokesbury remains a top VBS publisher for good reason
- The music is among the best I’ve heard
- The games, crafts, snacks, and science elements did not disappoint
I am always impressed with their offerings. As one of the top publishers, they have the experience and staff to create high quality curriculum that will serve well in thousands of congregations.
The theme Bible verse is “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you.” Isaiah 43:2, CEB
The camping / outdoor theme is a familiar VBS environment, but the water element makes it even more fun. Check out the decorations video below to get some ideas.
My only reservations, if you church just did an outdoor theme in the previous year. However, there is enough water elements to mix things up and make it fun.
To learn more about the programs specifics – daily Bible overviews and music samples – use the links below to visit the official Cokesbury VBS website.
- Session 1 – Jesus Calls the Disciples (Matthew 4:18-25)
- Session 2 – Jesus Accepts Mary and Martha (Luke 10:38-42)
- Session 3 – Jesus Walks with Zacchaeus (Luke 19:1-10)
- Session 4 – Jesus Shares a Special Meal (Luke 22:14-20)
- Session 5 – Jesus Makes a Promise (Matthew 28:16-20)
The music from Cokesbury gets better every year. The songs from Rolling River Rampage are upbeat and very engaging for the kids. They have a modern sound along that will connect with the children in your ministry. You’ll recognize some classics like and learn some new songs too. You can hear samples on the official website.
2018 Cokesbury Decorations
We plan to post a more detailed review once they begin so ship the starter kits. Check back to this page for an update in early 2018.
What Do You Think?
I’d love to hear your impressions of this theme, especially if your church has used Cokesbury in the past. Leave a comment below to let me know what you think.