Use these crafts when teaching kids about the Great Commission that Jesus commanded his disciples before his ascension. They work with any Matthew 28:16-20 lesson plan for Sunday School. Download the craft directions, watch our how-to instructions video, and then gather your craft supplies.
“Go Make Disciples”
Craft Ideas based on the Great Commission
The Great Commission is something we should not take lightly, as Christians. It is not a mere suggestion, but a commandment and a blessing. It is a beautiful thing to share with children, and to remind them of their role in the spreading of the Gospel. These simple crafts are meant to serve as reminders of the part we are called to play in God’s work on Earth.
Bible Verses or Craft Captions to Consider… (Main Text: Matthew 28:16-20)
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” -Matthew 28:19-20
Jesus Commands it… Spread the Good News!
GO Make Disciples!
Tell the World About God’s Love!
Share the Love of Christ…Go Make Disciples!
More Teaching ideas about the Great Commission
- See our video playlist of these crafts and lesson ideas.
- See all our resources based on the Great Commission
- Compare this full Sunday School lesson about Making Disciples
Craft one: “Commission Globe”
You will need:
- Construction paper or card stock
- Markers, stickers, or other decorating materials
- Tape, glue, or staples
- Paper plates
- Yarn or pipe cleaners
- Decorate the plate to look like a globe, beginning with blue marker, crayon, or paint.
- Add green “land” with cut paper or additional paint. Sprinkle stickers or glitter for additional decoration, if desired.
- Trace a foot on a sheet of paper. Cut and add a verse caption.
- Attach the foot to the globe with tape, glue, string, or staple.
- Place a string or pipe cleaner through the plate, if hanging is desired.
Craft Two: “Gospel Megaphone”
You will need:
- Cups (foam or plastic)
- Paper (construction)
- Markers or crayons
- Stickers or decorative supplies
- Staples, glue, or tape
- If using a cup for extra support and volume (recommended but not required), cut the bottom out of the cup to provide a space to speak through.
- Cut construction paper somewhat, creating a slight arc and almost triangular shape on one end.
- Decorate the paper, adding stickers if desired, and a verse.
- Carefully roll the paper around the cup, attaching with glue, tape, or staples.
- Attach a handle with a stick, pipe cleaner, or paper edges. Shout the good news for all to hear!
Craft Three: “GO Make Disciples Signal”
You will need:
- Toilet paper or paper towel tubes
- Construction paper (red, yellow, green, and black)
- Markers or decorative supplies
- Glue, stapler, and/or tape
- String or pipe cleaner (if hanging is desired)
- Staple or tape three toilet paper tubes together, stacking one on top of the other.
- Cut circles out of red, green, and yellow paper. Write on these, if desired.
- Tape the paper circles over the holes of the tubes, creating a signal light appearance.
- Cover the tubes with black paper if desired, to create a more “stoplight”-like effect.
- Attach a string or pipe cleaner to hang. Additionally, this craft could be made into a coin collection bank of sorts, by cutting slits in the side or top of the signal light.
1 thought on “Great Commission Craft Ideas”
Thank you! I’m going to use all three crafts! Excellent video!