Are you looking for a Christmas or Advent lesson for your Sunday School class? This page lists all the lesson plans we’ve posted for Christmas over the years. Any of the following could be taught in Sunday School or kids church. These materials are 100% free to download and use in your church, home, or school. For more help browse all our ideas for Christmas.
Advent Series by Felecia Mollohan
One of our most popular contributors wrote this 3 lesson series in both elementary and preschool versions. These lesson plans line up with her printable Christmas Story Booklet.
- Lesson #1 “The Stable” (or preschool version)
- Lesson #2 “The Shepherds” (or preschool version)
- Lesson #3 “The Wise Men” (or preschool version)
“Before Jesus was Born” by Tony Kummer
A careful look at the stories leading up to the birth of Christ. Each tells us something important about the coming child. These were the very first lesson plans on our website and have been used by many thousands of churches. Each one follows a similar lesson structure and was first used in a 30 minute children’s church setting.
- The Birth of John the Baptist (Luke 1:5-25)
- Birth of Jesus Foretold to Maryl (Luke 1:26-45)
- Joseph is visited by an angel (Matthew 1:18-25)
- King Herod tries to stop King Jesus (Matthew 2)
More Free Lesson Plans About Christmas
- Patience & Promise – the Hope of Advent
- Teaching through the Nativity (4 Lessons) by Amy Brown. This is a series of short lesson outlines based on the characters from the nativity scene. It could be adapted for older or younger children.
- “Jesus Brings Peace” by Kristen Charles. This lesson is more focused on the results of Christ’s coming than the details. It used the popular Christmas phrase Prince of Peace’ to teach the basics of the Gospel to children.
- Immanuel – God with Us is a lesson for older kids or preteens.
Older Elementary Lessons by Kelly Henderson
This collection of lesson plans were first written for a 3rd-5th grade Sunday School class. Many readers enjoy Kelly’s in-depth explanation of the Bible story and focus on life applications.
- “Back to Bethlehem” (Luke 2:1-20)
- “Magi worship King Jesus” (Matthew 2:1-23)
- The Shepherds Bring Good News (also from Luke 2:1-20)
- Baby Jesus is presented at the Temple (Luke 2:22-40)
Christmas Coloring Pages: Mandy is creating an Advent coloring book. Each page will have a different coloring sheet to help children think about the meaning of Christmas. When all put together, kids will have a Gospel-centered art project in to celebrate the season.
More from Other Websites
- Christmas Lessons from Stories on the Way Curriculum
- Gabriel Visits Mary from Kids Sunday School Place
- Joseph’s Dream (Righteousness) from Kids Sunday School Place
- Journey to Bethlehem from Kids Sunday School Place
- Visit of the Magi (Worship Our Lord) from Kids Sunday School Place