Since the holiday has their attention, use some of these free ideas to teach them God’s Word. Don’t miss our All Things NEW:4-Week Sunday School Curriculum to teach in January. Click here to download lesson #1 as a free sample.
Lesson Plans for New Year’s
- “One Thing” New Year’s Bible Lesson
- Bible Lesson: Keeping the Christmas Spirit in the New Year
- See more New Years Sunday Lessons on Sunday School Works!
Bible Object Lessons
- New Years Object Lesson (Matthew 5:14) Sparklers or Candles
- Object Lesson: Prayer Balloons
- Object Lesson: Do You Have the Time?
- Calendar Object Lesson for New Years
- Salvation Object Lessons for the New Year
New Year’s Coloring Pages for Children’s Church
More New Year’s Ideas for Kids Church
- New Year’s Resolutions for Kids – Printable
- Ballon Game for New Years
- God Bless Our New Year Coloring Page
- Devotion: 10 Predictions for the New Year
- Calendar Coloring Pages for each month of the year
- 6 New Year’s Resolutions for the Kids Pastor
- New Year’s Party Activities and Games
- Time Capsul Ideas for Children’s Church
- New Year’s Watch Party for Kids
- Bible Fundraisers for New Year’s Resolutions
Several readers also like to use the Sunday after Christmas for the kids to write “Thanks You” cards for all their presents. We’ve uploaded a printable thank you card template for children and an object lesson to accompany it.
The beginning of the new year brings a special opportunity for your children’s ministry. Kids are thinking about the new year and many will even stay up late with their families. I’ve even heard very young ones making grown-up sounding resolutions.
We hope you enjoy these ideas and find them useful in your ministry. Please leave a comment below to share your thoughts.