In just a few weeks, Valentines Day will be here. Many Sunday School teachers and children’s church leaders will plan a special lesson around the date. So I went through our content to pull out some lesson plans and crafts that might be helpful to your church. These materials try to redirect the cultural obsession with romance back to the love that should characterize the Christian life. I hope these Valentine’s Day Lesson Plans will be helpful to you.
- Bible Lesson About Love (1 Corinthians 13) for Children – In this lesson, kids will learn God’s definition of love and be reminded of the character of Christ.
- Jesus Said Love Your Neighbors Lesson Plan – The second greatest commandment in the Bible, and something timely to teach in Sunday School for Valentine’s Day.
- Jesus Said Love Your Enemies Lesson Plan (Matthew 5:38-48 ) – Kids will learn about Jesus’ parable of the Good Samaritan and what it teaches us about loving other people who are not like us.
- God Looks at the Heart Lesson (from 1 Samuel 16:1-13) – What matters to God is on the inside. Use this lesson plan to remind children of that important truth.
- Preschool Bible Lesson “God is Love” – try this lesson plan for younger kids, includes an art project
- God’s Big Love Object Lessons – use these to help kids understand the greatness of God’s love
- What Does God Love? – Sunday School lesson for older children or preteens
- Build your own lesson plan using these top 10 Bible verses about love
- Try using these Bible Verses about Love (from Devotional Christian) to add a scripture element to these crafts.
- 3 Valentine’s Crafts for Sunday School – Watch these video demonstrations from Cullen and you’ll be ready to use them in your class this weekend.
- Heart Craft for Sunday School – Watch a video demonstration of this simple craft project that could accompany any of these Bible lessons about love.
- Printable John 3:16 Heart – A clever way to remind kids that the greatest love is really the love that God displays for sinners through the Gospel.
- Valentine’s Day Coloring Pages – Two new printable illustrations that show how Jesus is God’s gift of love to the world.
- 1 Corinthians 13 “Love is…” coloring sheet - Designed to help kids think about the Bible’s definition of love.
- Sunday School game about Encouragement – Try this simple game to teach kids a practical way to show love when they say nice things about others. This one includes a video how-to.
- 2 Valentine’s Day activity games for children
- Valentine’s Scavenger Hunt – this is a fun way to teach kids about God’s love
- Valentine Bingo Game – This links to a video from Cullen’s Abc’s that offers a simple game you could use with your children.
- Here are a few more game ideas for Valentine’s Day in children’s church.
- Lin from the Effective Children’s Ministry blog has posted this free PowerPoint game for Valentine’s Day