This is our featured index of printable Bible lessons for kids. The following are 100% free to download and use in your ministry, ideal for kids church, Sunday school, or homeschool Bible study lessons. Thousands of readers find their children’s church curriculum here every week. Adapt as needed.
- This is only a partial listing, to find a specific story or passage use our search page
- Click here to browse our most recent lesson plans, we add many new each week
The model prayer of Jesus, found in Matthew 6:9-13, has always been the primary guide for believers in learning how to pray. This 10-part Lord’s Prayer lesson series was contributed by Tara Tegard and features original coloring sheets by Mandy Groce.
Each study walks children through the petitions of the prayer and the patterns they set for our own prayer times. We’ve included a large list of bonus activities, object lessons, and other helps for your teaching.
This 9 lesson series on The Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) was created by Kara Jenkins and features an original coloring book from Mandy Groce. Each study is focused on the character traits Paul lists and shows how they are the work of God’s Spirit in our lives. We’ve included several games, object lessons, and song suggestions.
These lessons and coloring sheets use the wording from the ESV translation. “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.”
This 7 lesson series about God’s Work of Creation was written by Felicia Mollohan and features an original coloring book by Mandy Groce. We’ve included a printable storybook for toddlers, crafts, and game ideas. These materials follow a literal 6 day reading of the days of creation.
The Doctrine of Creation is essential to a Christian understanding of the world and will help children appreciate the LORD as the maker of all things. This knowledge of the first things points us back to Jesus was in the beginning. “All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.” John 1:3
This 9 lesson series about The Armor of God and was written by Tara Tegard. It is an expansion of her popular VBS material based on this same passage in Ephesians 6:10-18. These lessons are very user-friendly. Even a first-time Sunday school teacher can confidently teach with this. We have included teacher preparation, including Scripture to read for your own benefit and growth.
Every lesson follows the same basic outline. It includes Scripture references, Teacher Preparation, Theme, Memory Verse, a game, the lesson itself, a poster piece, a craft and activity page.
Toddler’s Knowing God is an 8 lesson series by Kara Jenkins based on selections from the Book of Psalms. Each study points to a specific attribute of God and shows how even very young children can begin to respond to the LORD.
We normally list Toddler/Preschool lessons on a separate page, but this one has become popular even for younger elementary students. This curriculum lays an important foundation for young children and develops essential concepts for their faith development.
Bible Object Lessons are short, simple, and hands-on teaching ideas for your children’s ministry. These are especially useful when you don’t need a full lesson plan or when you have a mixed age group of children.
Sometimes object talks are called children’s sermons, but we essentially treat them the same. Use the search box above to find even more. Many readers will combine these with other activities from our website to build a full lesson for children’s church.
Bible Lessons About Jesus
The following are some of our most popular lesson plans based on the life and ministry of our Savior. Of course, this is a small sample of what our website has to offer. If you are looking for a specific Bible story be sure to use our website search feature.
- Luke 2:41-52 When Jesus Was A Child – The events when Jesus was only 12 years old gives us some insight into how God wants children to behave.
- Jesus is the Light of the World (John 8:12)
- Matthew 4:1-11 Jesus Battles The Devil and Temptation
- Luke 5:1-11 Rewards of Obeying Jesus
- Parable of the Lost Coin Bible Lesson for Children
- The “I AM” Names of Jesus: These lessons help the kids discover that Jesus was much more than a great teacher, he was the eternal God come as a man.
- Luke 10:25-27: Good Samaritan Parable (Love Your Neighbor)
- The Parable of the Prodigal Son - This lesson shows how both the prodigal son and the older brother need forgiveness. It highlights God’s want to save both good and bad people.
- Jesus’ Parable of the Soils (Matthew 13) This Bible lesson explains why some people reject God’s teaching and encourages us to have the right heart attitude in hearing God’s Word.
Other Popular Children’s Bible Lessons
The following studies have proven useful for thousands of readers. These are a good place to start if you are new to our website. Again, we don’t have room to list everything on this page. Be sure to use the search tab to find more.
- The Heart of Worship (Psalm 100)
- The Three All’s of God (Psalm 139)
- The Story of Ruth and the Kindness of God
- God Looks at Our Heart Bible Lesson – Based on 1 Samuel 16:1-13 when God chooses young David to be the King of Israel.
- Pride and Humility Lesson Plan – This children’s Bible lesson teaches the difference between being humble and being proud. It includes several group learning activities for kids.
- Self Control Lesson Plan – This kids church lesson is based on Proverbs 25:28.
- Pets are a Blessing Lesson: This lesson draws from the creation account to show kids that animals matter to God. The children will learn that God wants them to care for animals as part of his creation.
Big Picture Bible Lessons For Children
This is a new children’s church curriculum we write in 2009. They were written as children’s church lessons, but they could be the framework for a kids Sunday school lessons too. Each lesson plan below is based on a chapter from The BIG Picture Story Bible, published by Crossway and written by David R. Helm and Gail Schoonmaker.
- The Very Good Beginning (Creation Bible Lesson)
- A Very Sad Day (Fall Bible Lesson)
- Life Outside The Garden (Noah’s Flood Bible Lesson)
- God’s Big Promise (God’s Promise To Abraham Lesson)
- God’s People Grow (Story of Joseph Lesson)
- God’s People Become Great (Exodus Bible Lesson)
- God’s Great Sign (Exodus / Passover Bible Lesson)
- Going Into God’s Place (Joshua Bible Lesson)
- God’s Blessings Grow (The Kingdom of David & Solomon)
- God’s People Disobey (Exile Bible Lesson)
- God’s Promise Remains (Latter Prophets Bible Lesson)
- Many Silent Years (Bible Lesson Begins New Testament)
Each children’s church lesson was built around popular bible stories for kids. I want the children to understand each Bible story and its practical teaching. Most of these children’s Bible lessons can be modified to teach in kids church or use as a preschool lesson plans. I have written these bible study lessons for kids since I started in teaching kids church (aka junior church). Each lesson plan includes clear goals and targeted learning activities for Children’s Church. I try to include relevant activities, children’s church games, Bible crafts, children’s Bible stories, or other material that will help you teach. These were originally taught in my Baptist church, but they should work for any Christian church or non denominational churches.
More Children’s Church Ideas
Each lesson plan includes clear goals and targeted learning activities for Children’s Church. I try to include relevant activities, children’s church games, Bible crafts, children’s Bible stories, or other material that will help you teach. These were originally taught in my Baptist church, but they should work for any Christian church or non denominational churches.